Have you recently added a new fur-baby to your family? With a new addition comes a lot of training to ensure your puppy grows up to be a well-behaved family member. We’ve selected the best puppy courses in Australia to help make the training easier:
Queensland: The Positive Pet Project
The Positive Pet Project offers two different types of expertly prepared and presented puppy classes. The first class caters for puppies aged 8-12 weeks and the second class is catered for senior puppies, those aged between 12-34 weeks old.
The Puppy Classes run over a five-week program and include the following:
- Toilet Training
- Socialisation and life experience – and why it’s important. More than just meeting people and dogs!
- Clicker training
- Responding to their name
- Begin lead walking
- Calm behaviour, why it’s important and some techniques
The benefits of these classes are they are limited to a maximum of 6 pups each! So your pup will be sure to get some one-on-one time with the trainer.
New South Wales: Dog Tech
Dog Tech Sydney provides new fur-parents with Puppy Training PreSchool lessons. These classes have been created by expert dog behaviourists for puppies up to 23 weeks old.
Over 3 weeks your puppy will learn the following:
- Socialising with Other Dogs
- Establishing Boundaries
- Basic commands
- Crate training a puppy
- Lead and walking techniques
- Toilet Training
- General Behaviour Instruction
- Health, Diet and Puppy Safety Instruction
- Smooth transition into Adulthood
Victoria: Positive K9 Training
Positive K9 Training is known as Melbourne’s leading training for puppies. Their classes aim to give your puppy the best foundations for life. The course specialises in the following:
- How to appropriately behave in the house
- Appropriately interact with all family members
- Socialise your puppy to feel confident and calm around other dogs.
- Habituate your puppy to various environments, sounds, smells and sights.
- Teach your puppy the essential basics of obedience.
- Teach your puppy to have basic impulse control even when excited.
Your puppy will go through three different levels of puppy school before they are able to graduate.
South Australia: Advance Behavioural Training
Advance Behavioural Training provides an abundance of behavioural training and also specialise in a Puppy Academy. The purpose of the Puppy Academy is to provide puppy’s with early manners and socialisation. The course takes place over 6 weeks and includes the following:
- How to give attention when asked
- Training to be calm
- Commands such as sit and drop
- General manners
- To come when called
- Leash walking skills
- Leave, wait and give
- Mat training
- How to enjoy grooming and Vet checks
- Great people and dogs nicely
- Associate with a range of different objects, surfaces, sights and sounds