What better way to show your pooch just how loved they are this Valentine’s Day than through their favourite… food! We’ve spoken with our Chief Barkitect Quincy and collated three of her fur-favourite recipes to share with you all and help spread the love this February 14th! We’re sure your pooch with just LOVE these special treaties.
Banana-Strawberry Yoghurt Heart Treats
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup of Plain Greek Yoghurt
- Wash and remove strawberry leaves
- Peel and cut banana
- Blend all ingredients in a blender (Banana, Strawberries & Greek Yoghurt) until smooth
- Pour mixture into a silicone heart mold and place it into the freezer until frozen.
Valentines Day Beetroot Dog Treats
Recipes courtesy of Dalmatian DIY
- 1/2 Cup cooked unseasoned beetroot, pureed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup water or low-sodium stock
- Approximately 1+1/2 to 3/4 Cup rice flour, plus extra for rolling
- Additional flour and/or water (or plain beetroot juice for a colour boost) if/as needed to adjust consistency
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Thoroughly puree beetroot
- Mix in egg, water, and peanut butter until smooth?
- Slowly add flour until dough has an appropriate working consistency for shaping.
- Rest dough prior to shaping.
- Lightly flour rolling surface
- Roll your dough and cut with cookie cutters of your choice
- Place on a prepared cookie tray
- Brush the surface of the cookie with a pastry brush or damp cloth to remove excess flour
- Cook for 10-15 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on cookie size
- Cool before giving to your pooch
Cranberry, Beetroot and Honey Gummy Paws
Recipe courtesy of Pure Dog Treats
- 1 Beetroot
- ¼ Cup of fresh Cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons of unflavoured gelatin (Important note: ensure the brand you are using is dog-friendly. Artificially sweetened gelatin products are extremely toxic to dogs).
- Cut the beetroot into slices and place in a saucepan with 1 Cup of cold water. Using a cocktail stick, pierce a hole in each cranberry and add to the saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on medium heat. Once it starts to boil, turn it down to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Then let it cool down. Do not move onto the next step until this is completely cool.
- Use a strainer to separate the juice from the beetroot and the cranberries.
- Sprinkle your packets of gelatin over your juice and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Turn your burner on to a low heat and gently stir your mixture until the gelatin dissolves. While stirring, add the honey. Once your gelatin has fully dissolved remove your pot from the heat and pour into your moulds.
- Chill your moulds in your fridge until they set (approx. 3 hours).
We hope you have fun cooking and your pooch enjoys his lovingly made treaties! Upload pics of your creations to PatchPets and tag us to be featured on our socials @patchpetsapp.